Friday 26 February 2016

Recipe for Learning

Recipe for a successful learner


WALT - Reflect on our learning

PURPOSE - Describe and Instruct
MODELS
- Recipe for learning
 - 

Success Criteria:
-Used 9 buzz words
-Used brackets to add information
- Ingredients and quantities given
- Title and description
- Sequenced steps

Draft/ Recraft / Publish.

Analyse the following recipe and identify the key features of a recipe which you might need to include in your own recipe for a successful learner.

MODEL:

A recipe for learning!

In a large mixing bowl stir together…

Recipe words:
Stir together…       Cook for….
A litre of…      A dose of…
A cup of..        A teaspoon of…
A tablespoon of..       A jar of…
A box of..      A glass of..     
A shake of..        100% of…
50g of..              80ml of…
1kg of…      A pinch of..      
A bowl of…    A handful of…

What words could you include?

Curiosity, Commitment, Nice class mates, silence, successful teacher, good resources, relaxing time, concentration, respect, experience, difference, connective thinking, good understanding, confidence, time to ask questions.

Student Example:
My Recipe for Learning

In a large mixing bowl combine…

•A pinch of Purpose (I like everyone to know that I'm helpful).

•A dash of Problem Solving (To get through my school work).

•A hand full of Respect (I like to treat others how I would like to be treated).

•A box full of Discipline (I like to be in control of myself in class).

•A flat full of Confident (To show people that I'm not afraid to do things).

•A school full of Friends (Making new people every day).

•A world full with Risk Taking (Pushing myself to my limits).

By Harlem


No comments:

Post a Comment